We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Whether you’re trying to find new low-carb recipes or not, these gluten-free cheesy cauliflower “bread”sticks are such a delicious way to get all the goodness of the veggie and dairy in a delicious breadstick like snack. These are amazing as a snack or a side to soup, pasta, veggie pasta or even as a pizza crust (try it as a low carb gluten free mexican pizza – SO good)!
These are easy to make and have worked consistently for me. This version is sort of my take on a loaded baked potato. Cheddar cheese sticks with a sour cream, bacon, chive dip or topping – amazing, full of flavor, low carb and gluten-free! You can definitely adjust the type of cheese, toppings etc. for whatever meal you’re making or snack you’re hungry for
- 4 cups finely processed cauliflower (about 1 large head)
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups cheddar cheese separated
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Finely process the cauliflower with a food processor
- Microwave the riced cauliflower in a microwavable safe dish with a lid for 10 minutes
- Let cool
- Mix beated eggs, 2 cups of the cheese, garlic, salt and pepper into the cauliflower
- Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Remove and top with remaining cheese
- Bake an additional 5 minutes
- Don’t skip the parchment paper. It absorbs a bit of the moisture and keeps these bread like.
- You can use already riced cauliflower but it won’t have the same texture as one that you rice finely yourself with a food processor. It’s messy, but this step is important to that end texture.
- Try different cheeses and dips for different flavor profiles. Mozzarella with pizza sauce is delicious too!
These are gobbled up immediately in this house of teen boys!