We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #RoséYourWay #CollectiveBias
I love having friends over for dinner. It’s so much more relaxing than going out and no waiting involved! My new favorite type of dinner party to host is a grilled pizza dinner party. It’s super easy to prep and host and everyone gets exactly what they want. All you need is pizza dough, toppings, a grill and great drinks. I am LOVING the Rosé Your Way™ Facebook concierge that helps you find the perfect rosé!
HOW TO HOST A GRILLED PIZZA DINNER PARTY
A grilled pizza dinner party is one of the easiest dinner party ideas AND one of my favorites because everyone gets exactly what they want and no one is stuck in the kitchen.
- Start with drinks – A great dinner party in our house always starts with drinks. A great pairing to start the night off. I discovered the Rosé Your Way™ Facebook concierge and LOVE how it walks you through finding the perfect rosé for your needs. I tried it before our party since rosés have such a broad range of styles. To use it, you simply just chat with them on Facebook! I answered a few questions and they suggested a rosé for me – Apothic Rosé, which ended up being PERFECT for our grilled pizza night.
- Prep – One of the reasons I love a grilled pizza party is that so much can be prepped ahead of time so you can spend more time enjoying your guests. To make dinner easy, I prep the crusts ahead of time. You can buy pre-made crusts or make your own. Since I’m gluten free, I use a gluten free crust, but when the boys were younger, we would buy dough from our favorite pizza shop. Follow the directions on your choice of dough to prep the dough to right before you put the toppings on. In my case, I baked them for around 5-7 minutes. The dough at this point can be frozen to save for later or set out if you’re using that evening.
- Toppings – There are SO many topping ideas for pizza, but just keep it simple. I like to always have “the usual” like mozzarella and pepperoni but also add some different toppings that all go together. For this grilled pizza night, I had out pepperoni, mozzarella, red sauce, red onion, sliced Kalamata olives, carnitas, fresh heirloom tomatoes (sliced), fresh basil, salt, and oregano. This combo allows for lots of mixing and matching where everything tastes great together no matter which combo you choose. We also frequently do Mexican pizzas!
- Prep the grill – Once guests start arriving, you can start heating up the grill. You want it nice and hot for the pizzas. Once it’s heated, turn it town to around medium high and oil the grates with your favorite oil (we use olive oil).
- Make the pizzas – Have guests add whatever toppings they like to their pizzas! You can place them on parchment paper with their names or just add them to the grill as they finish, depending on how many people you are making them for. Grill them for around 4-7 minutes or until the top is bubbly and hot and the bottom is crisp with char marks.
- Enjoy! – It’s that easy!
Be sure to also check out the Rosé Your Way™ Facebook page or Instagram for more inspiration and recipe ideas!
I’d definitely recommend both the Apothic Rosé (which went perfectly with a margherita or Greek style pizza) or the Prophecy Rosé since we’ve had and enjoyed both.