This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #CelebratorySips #CelebrateWithProphecy #CollectiveBias
For my wine loving friends, there is nothing better than bringing over a bottle of wine for any occasion. It’s the perfect hostess gift, or gift for any occasion really! This DIY wine bag is THE cutest way to deliver a couple bottles of wine OR a bottle of wine and some flowers. By making a traditional tote a 2 pocket tote, you have the perfect set-up for a great gift idea.
Rosé has always screamed “SPRING” to me. The new Prophecy Rosé AKA “The Goddess of Fortune” is a gorgeous, complex wine that showcases the best of the South of France. Prophecy Rosé is delicate and bright with layered flavors of red fruit, melon and citrus leading to a crisp refreshing finish which pairs perfectly with spring adventures and friendships.
I picked up 2 bottles (and some flowers) on my last visit to the store because I knew I wanted to bring one along with me to a dinner we were invited to.
HOW TO MAKE A PERSONALIZED WINE & FLOWERS GIFT BAG
Bringing a gift of wine is always a great idea, but adding a little more personalization with a cute re-usable bag is even better. This bag is great for gifting 2 bottles because they won’t clank together, or for gifting along with a bouquet of flowers so the wine doesn’t squish the flowers and you have everything in one place. I mean, how gorgeous is the combo of this cute bag, Prophecy Rosé, & some tulips?!
- To make your own double wine bag, start with a standard craft canvas tote.
- Measure and mark the center of the tote at the top and the bottom of the bag.
- Cut a length of iron-on adhesive strip to go from the top of the bag below the hem to just before the folds of the bottom (you don’t want to keep the bag from opening up at the bottom so your adhesive strip shouldn’t go all the way down).
- Adhere the bag using the directions on your adhesive.
- Cut out my free “THIS WAY TO THE ROSÉ” file out of iron-on vinyl using your cutting machine. If you don’t own a cutting machine you can try printable iron-on or make a stencil out of freezer paper using the same file. If you own a Cricut, here’s the project on their design space to make it even easier.
- “Weed” the vinyl and place on the bag towards the bottom.
- Iron-on the vinyl according to the directions for the type of fabric you are adhering to.
- Fill with Prophecy Rosé and flowers and take to your next adventure!
- You can use glue to secure the middle, but this makes the cleanest look.
- You can also sew down the middle, but place the vinyl decor first.
- If you have a larger tote, fill in the “blank” space with paper just like you would a gift basket.
If you haven’t tried Prophecy Rosé yet, I highly recommend it! I think it’s the best Rosé I’ve tried yet. It’s been the perfect gift and wine to bring to springtime dinners and picnics. Check out this and the rest of their wine collection here.