We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. This content is intended for readers who are 21 and over. #UncorkTheStory #CollectiveBias
19 Crimes wine has become one of those brands that we grab often. I haven’t tried a variety I didn’t like, they appeal to most of our friends and their wine labels talk to you. Seriously! Have you tried the Living Wine Labels App with 19 Crimes Wine? It’s so cool and, bonus, easy entertainment for parties or poker night.
If you aren’t familiar – 19 Crimes is based off an authentic historical event featuring real convicts. Nineteen crimes turned criminals into colonists. Upon conviction, British Rogues, guilty of at least one of the 19 crimes, were sentenced to live in Australia, rather than death. This punishment by “transportation” began in 1788, rough-hewn prisoners who made it to shore, a new world awaited. As pioneers in a frontier penal colony, they forged a new country and new lives. This wine celebrates the rules they broke and the culture they built. My favorite is Jane on the Hard Chard bottle – she was transporting bacon. I mean, that could definitely have been me 😉
When you download the Living Wine Labels App (on the Google Play Store and Apple Store) you can open it up, face the camera at the 19 Crimes label and the convict comes to life on your screen and starts talking to you! Learn more about the app and how to download it HERE. I even made a video in case you haven’t seen how this works yet.
SO cool right? This makes picking up a few bottles for poker night even more fun! They have a variety of options but I grabbed a red and a white last time to suit everyone’s taste. You can pick them up at Kroger, Ralph’s, and Fred Meyer.
I was sharing some photos of Poker Night on IG stories and several commented that they would love the recipe for our easy bacon wrapped cream cheese jalapeños. These are SO good and are ALWAYS the first snack to be gone on poker night. This recipe makes 12 pieces which is perfect for a party of 4-6, if you have more people just double or triple it!
- 6 jalapeños
- Softened cream cheese
- 6 slices of bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 275F
- Prep jalapeños by cutting off the ends, cutting in half and cleaning out the seeds and membranes from the inside with a small spoon.
- Cut bacon slices in half.
- Place a tsp-tbsp amount of cream cheese in a jalapeño half.
- Wrap a ½ a bacon slice around a cream cheese filled jalapeño, secure with toothpick and repeat.
- Bake for 45 min or until bacon is done. Sometimes this takes 45 minutes and sometimes it takes 55 - an hour depending on size.
- Wear gloves if you have them to clean out the jalapeños
- Stretch out the bacon a bit as you wrap it around
- If they are fully cooked but you want them a little crispy/brown on top just turn on the broiler for a few minutes
- These taste great warm or at room temperature so don’t be worried if they have to sit out a bit while you play
- I have successfully made these without toothpicks, just make your bacon pieces a little longer, keeping in mind that they’ll shrink as they cook. Make sure both ends are under the jalapeño when you set it on the pan.
- If you don’t have a broiler/roasting pan, just place an oven safe drying rack in a pan.
- Clean the jalapeños out completely if you don’t want them to be spicy. Cleaned well they are mild enough for anyone to eat. If you want them a little spicier just leave a little more of the white membranes or even a few seeds inside.
19 Crimes wine + the Living Wine Label App + these bacon wrapped jalapeños = an awesome poker night.