This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This is part of a sponsored collaboration with Kroger and DiMe Media. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Gluten Free Hazelnut Berry French Toast sounds a little too good to be true right?! It’s actually simple to make and makes for a fun twist on the classic brunch treat.
I recently attended a gorgeous Kroger Brunch in Phoenix (see photos from the event below) and was totally inspired to create & photograph some new recipes. This recipe is actually from LetsEatBreakfast.com which has a lot of great, simple breakfast ideas. I adjusted the recipe slightly to make enough for my family. You can pick up everything for this recipe (and the others on the site) at your local Kroger. I shop at Fry’s regularly so I always have most of these items on hand already! Check out MyBeverageShop.com as well for some fun drink recipes to add to your brunch!
Gluten Free Hazelnut Berry French Toast
- 2 eggs
- ¾-1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. of vanilla extract
- Simply Balanced Creamy Hazelnut Spread
- 12 pieces of Udi’s Millet-Chia Bread
- Spread hazelnut spread on two slices of bread and cover one slice with sliced strawberries and raspberries. Place the other slice on top.
- Mix egg, almond milk, cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl (add almondmilk to your desired consistency)
- Dip the sandwich in the egg mixture, holding it together tightly and make sure it covers both sides.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Place French toast in the pan and cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping half way through.
- Top with syrup and eat while warm.
I like to use cooking spray depending on the pan as well so use what’s best for you with the tools that you have!
I love the millet-chia bread with this recipe because it adds a bit more “earthiness” to the dish and I love how easy it is to find gluten free items at Fry’s! Since we moved I’m actually back to shopping at the store I remember frequenting most growing up.
I mentioned that I attended a brunch here in Phoenix with Kroger and I just had to share some photos. It was such a gorgeous spread and fun afternoon!
Are you a breakfast/brunch fan? We love breakfast for dinner too and can’t wait to try some of the savory recipes at LetsEatBreakfast.com.