We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
If I need wine to bring to a dinner or to stock up at home my first stop is almost always Trader Joe’s. They have such a great selection without being overwhelming and some amazing prices! When you are picking out wines for a group it can be hard to decide on what to get that will please most everyone. That’s where my favorites come in. This variety of wines goes with a wide range of palettes and a wide variety of foods that might show up on the Thanksgiving table.
Wines for Thanksgiving from Trader Joe’s
Here’s a good mix of white, rose, red, light and fresh to an after-dinner treat. I don’t feel like any of these are too sweet or too spicy and intense for most which are what makes them good choices. There’s also a little range of prices depending on what you’re wanting to spend but almost all of them are under $10!
I made this list with everyone around the table in mind. Obviously, if you have a group that has favorite varietals – go that direction. We have such a wide variety of tastes in our family along with new wine drinkers, and guests I may not know well.
- Bay Moon Sauvignon Blanc – a light, sweet fruity aroma but a surprisingly grassy taste that works great with a lot of foods. Bought this one for $5.99
- Panilonco Chardonnay Viognier – smooth, bright, and fruity, this white blend is great for chardonnay lovers or anyone looking for an easy white. – $3.99 The Panilonco Carmenère (a red) is a regular buy for me at Trader Joe’s so you can’t go wrong there either for $4!
- La Granja 360 Garnacha Rose – Rose is not just for summer! I like this one because it’s fruity and crisp, a little minerally and has a shorter finish making it easy to enjoy while eating. – $4.99
- Trader Joes Petit Reserve Pinot Noir – This is super easy to drink making it a perfect red choice for Thanksgiving. It’s also great for those who don’t want a strong red. – $7.99
- 2016 Stick Figure Red Blend – bright acidity and medium tannins make this a bolder red to serve while still working well at the Thanksgiving table. – $8.99
- Kings of Prohibition Red Blend – One of my favorites at Trader Joe’s right now. Dark and fruity but with a bit of spice. Let this breathe a bit before serving for the best experience. This is a nice intense red blend and has an ABV of 14% – $8.99
- Cooper & Thief Red Blend – this is mine and Jared’s favorite after Thanksgiving/Christmas by the fire pit wine. It’s SO good. Don’t serve this at the Thanksgiving table because it really needs to be just enjoyed on its own or perhaps with a tiny sliver of pie. Aged in Bourbon barrels for 3 months and an ABV of 17% means this is a strong jammy wine with a long finish. The most pricey on the list but worth it – forgot to grab the price since I already have a couple of bottles. I think it’s around $21 – $27 at Trader Joe’s.
I also grabbed this super cute new washable paper wine bag for $2.99. How cute is this?!
For the non-wine drinkers, we went with this sparkling cranberry. My boys think sparkling grape juice is too sweet and this just feels a little more festive and fun.
I’d love to know what you picked up at Trader Joe’s to bring to Thanksgiving!