We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Experience gifts, or giving the gift of an experience instead of things is something a lot of people consider each year around the holidays or for birthday gifts. The struggle is what to gift if you don’t know exactly what type of experience they’d want or haven’t done. Here are some experience gift ideas you can get up until the very last minute that any recipient would be excited to open!
Experience Gift Ideas
Here are some super easy experience gift ideas that will fit a wide variety of people in your life:
- Tinggly – Tinggly is an amazing one-stop spot for experience vouchers. You can choose an experience idea that you want to give (they have great adventures, experiences, and activities with something for everyone) and they get to ultimately choose their exact experience. From hot air balloon rides to national park visits or wine tasting experiences to cooking classes in the United States, or around the world, they really have something for everyone. They have a box they can send you but also have vouchers you can print for true last-minute gifting. Check out all they have to offer.
- POGO Pass! (use code allforthememories for big savings!) – I have been a long time fan of POGO Pass and since they started they’ve expanded the cities they’re in. If you are gifting to someone who lives in or travels to Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV, Kansas City, KS or MO, Dallas/Ft Worth, TX, or South Central TX definitely check out a Pogo Pass. It give you a whole year of experiences for just one price. Things like sports games, zoos, rock gym, skating, jumping etc.
- National or State Parks Pass – the America the Beautiful National Parks pass is honored nationwide at National Park Service, Forest Service, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recreation sites charging day-use or entrance fees. One pass should be good for a whole family so this is a great family gift idea! They won’t be able to use this until the physical pass comes in but you can print out a photo of the pass! Each state parks pass is different so just check the state of the recipient & see what they offer. These are always a great gift idea for the family that loves to travel.
- Adventure Apps – if your recipient is outdoorsy an Apple or Google Play gift card can help them purchase some great apps to make their adventures better. Some apps like OnX you can get a gift card for at outdoor stores (like Cabelas). You can check individual apps too like giving AllTrails Pro!
- HipCamp Credit – I love using HipCamp for unique camping spots around the country. You can book a friend/loved one a perfect camp spot or get them credit to use on a future trip.
- Groupon Gift Card – you could always go the Groupon route. Gift them a Groupon gift card to choose their own or find something you know they’ll love.
- Masterclass – Masterclass has classes for almost anything you can think of from cooking, design, style, music, writing… you can gift a subscription & let the recipient choose whatever they want to learn for a whole year!
- Gift a stay at a favorite spot of your own like The Strawberry Inn!
- Food tour in a local city or one you know they’re visiting soon.
- Gas Gift Card for the ultimate road trip. Here’s a fun gift basket idea to gift if you still like giving something physical.
- Food Cooking Classes – I haven’t taken any yet to recommend but there are so many online and in person. I’d love to take a tortilla or tamale class. You could gift a class like that or something like this taco lovers gift basket for them to try it out on their own.
- IOU – I know, I know but hear me out. What about a game night, picnic, craft day, just the time spent with someone you love is the best gift. To make it meaningful plan out the day/time right then and there if you can’t access their schedule ahead of time. Make sure they know you’re serious and can’t wait to spend time with them.
- Wine Tasting. Samantha does in person, virtual, AND big group virtual tastings every month. If you can’t schedule a private tasting for someone, grab them a virtual gift card for WineSplurge (Samantha will send a link for the wines needed for the group virtual tasting you choose) and check in with your recipient to see which month’s date works best for them so you can grab them Eventbrite tickets for that event! Check out her Instagram or website for more ideas.