This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeYourSummer #MADEFORDOERS #CollectiveBias
NACHO HOTDOG BACKYARD BBQ
We are READY for lat nights, outdoor movies, swim parties, and BBQs over here! A family favorite is definitely grilled hot dogs. So simple, but so good. Depending on what we have in the house and who we’re hosting (usually last minute) we love to switch up the hotdog flavors a bit. One favorite is the nacho hotdog.
Nacho hotdogs are just what they sound like, nacho toppings on a hotdog. Easy to prep, easy to make, and everyone gets exactly what they want.
The secret to hosting a good nacho hotdog BBQ is making cleanup easy because piling on the toppings is fun but can get messy!
I noticed that our Fry’s had stocked some Kleenex® Wet Wipes Gentle Clean in the facial tissue aisle so I picked some of those up along with a 6 pack of VIVA® Vantage® Big Roll Paper Towels to make our next BBQ night a little bit cleaner.
HOW TO MAKE NACHO HOTDOGS
Nacho hotdogs are simple to make. First prep by getting all your toppings ready. These can be whatever you like on your nachos but for this BBQ I put out:
- Warm queso
- Warm refried beans
- Fresh pico de gallo
- Sliced Olives
- Sliced jalapeño
- Corn Tortilla Chips
To make simple grill your dogs to you liking,
throw the buns on the grill for a bit before serving (this is optional but definitely worth it), then top with your favorite nacho toppings.
We start with beans,
add the dog,
add some queso,
the rest of the toppings
and top with crushed tortilla chips.
SO good! You can add salsa, enchilada sauce, ground beef, bacon…
Make them your own.
SUMMER GRILLING TIPS
I am so glad I stocked up on the Kleenex Wet Wipes! They are thick, soft, and perfect for hands and face and work awesome for messy BBQs. I found that they clean up without being too wet and are a great size for adult hands!
The VIVA® paper towels made cleanup a breeze so that we could enjoy the rest of our night with family and friends. Having these on hand really makes summer grilling fun AND clean.
Here are some more summer grilling tips:
- Make sure you always have propane/charcoal on hand for impromptu BBQs
- Stock up on paper goods when they are on sale
- Make a “theme” to help limit what toppings you need to set out (like nacho hotdogs, pizza hotdogs etc.)
- Try corn tortillas for a gluten free substitute if you don’t have (or couldn’t find) gluten free hot dog buns.
- Set up some lanterns with citronella around your party area to help keep bugs at bay
- Hang string lights at the beginning of summer to be ready when the sun goes down
- Invest in outdoor fans or even a large air cooler for your patio so that everyone will want to stay out and enjoy each other’s company
Check out this site for more summer grilling inspiration and enter the #MakeYourSummer Sweepstakes, beginning 6/11/18!