This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
Father’s Day has come and gone but Studio Calico is celebrating all week long. They have asked a few of the SC team dads to give their thoughts on Project Life. Catherine Davis, Kelly Noel, and Lisa Truesdell have both shared thoughts from their husbands this week- watch the SC FB and twitter for more to come!
Bare with me as we aren’t mushy people. At. All. Cards for holidays are always funny or punny it’s how we show our love in laughter I think.
That said I am SO lucky to have the most supportive husband ever. No matter what crazy new hobby or technique I start and/or stop he has always been supportive and nothing but encouraging. I love that he encourages me to be who I am and change as time moves on. I think that has been one of the biggest attributes to our successful (going on 13 year) marriage. We have to allow each other to grow and change since we weren’t done growing up when we got married (I was 18).
I finally got him to agree to a little interview about his thoughts on Project Life:
- Do you like that I spend time documenting our life? – Yes
- Why is Project Life a good way of documenting our lives? I really like that it is easier to look back at the memories of the past year than going through your computer files. Those things are a mess. I like that your thoughts, ticket stubs, receipts and stuff are all there next to the photos. I have always had lots of photos from my childhood and my family has always loved looking at them but your Project Life albums give so much more than that. They allow us to not only see and read about the memories but see and learn your personality throughout the album as well.
- What do you think Project Life will give our kids? I love that they will have more to look back on than just the photos. It will give our boys and future family more of a look and feel into life as it is now than just a photo ever could.
- How do you support me or why is it important for you to support me in my love for recording memories? Do I? Yes you do very much. Well I know that it’s a creative outlet for you and know how much you love to try new things. I realize that it is valuable to our family. I feel like it’s your job. Like you are a creative historian.
- Do you get annoyed that I make you take pictures when I’m not there? No, it’s become habit now. I find myself consiously trying to remember to take a photo or hang on to the ticket stub – especially when you’re not there.
To make it easier for me I have photos from his phone going to my photostream so they are already there when I go in to print out photos for the week. A bowl, tray, or box designated for PL memorabilia is a great way to remind him to drop off anything I might want to add to the album.
I am so excited to be able to give away a Cumberland Gap Project Life Add-On kit to one of you!
To enter leave a comment here telling me if you have other people in your family regularly participating in the creation of your Project Life albums. If you don’t do Project Life just leave any comment 🙂 I’ll post a winner on Monday the 24th! (open to international too!) (Comments accepted until 11:59pm June 23rd 2013 PST – kit will be shipped by Studio Calico. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen)
Oh! And the wait is finally over for Studio Calico Project Life kit wailist! If you subscribe now, you’ll start with the Valley High kit – or you can wait till reveal and grab one then. They’ve also stocked the Project Life section of the shop with albums and page protectors! I need to stock up on those. Good luck!