This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
I love a good cookie. I think I like cookies more than cake! Sometimes you just need a quick, easy cookie that doesn’t require 5 bowls, 10 measuring devices and a scale am I right? This one fits the bill and has a bit of a different flavor profile than your average sugar, peanut butter or chocolate chip cookie. Plus, you can throw a few different ingredients in to adjust to your mood (or pantry stock). As all my recipes are, this one is gluten free, grain free and can be paleo friendly depending on what you allow in your diet!
All you need is almond butter (for these I love Jason’s Maple Almond Butter for the bit of flavor it adds – regular almond butter is ok, but if you aren’t adding chocolate chips you may want a bit more sugar), coconut sugar, an egg, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
Mix it all up.
- 1 cup almond butter (I like Jason's Maple Almond Butter for this recipe)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Roll 1 - 2 TBSP of dough into a ball and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Flatten balls a bit and make sure they are spaced well.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before touching.