We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Banana Cream Pie is one of my husband’s favorite desserts from childhood. Banana pudding, banana cream pie – anything banana and he LOVES it! This Banana Cream Pie recipe is simple but SO good with the addition of making your own whipped cream. One simple modification (not really even a modification) makes this delicious dessert completely gluten-free without sacrificing any of the flavor! Not to mention that it’s completely no-bake so you won’t have to babysit it in the kitchen.
How to Make this Easy Banana Cream Pie with a Gluten-Free Modification
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2-4 T. powdered sugar (depending on how sweet you like your whipped cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches) - gluten free crust if needed
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- Additional banana slices, optional
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, vanilla and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Fold in 3 cups of your whipping cream.
- Pour 1-1/3 cups of pudding mixture into pie crust. Layer with banana slices and remaining pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with additional banana slices if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Making your own whipped cream definitely makes this pie (well that and the bananas). It’s a simple recipe that my boys like to make too!
Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crusts
The only thing that’s not naturally gluten-free in this recipe is the graham cracker crust but there are a few easy ways to modify this! There are a few brands of already prepared gluten-free graham cracker crusts available at stores like Walmart or Sprouts. I actually really like this new gluten-free crust that comes in a box. You don’t have to melt butter or anything to use it, you just open the box and press it into your pie pan!