We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This post is sponsored but opinions are my own.
I love simple cookie recipes that use ingredients I’m likely to have around the house at any given time and this one is just that. I also like cookies that aren’t too sweet or get their sweetness from the chocolate (although you could adjust the sweetness of this one if you wanted). This flourless gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe is great whether you have to be gluten free or not. Everyone in my family likes them!
I like these ones for breakfast, but that’s not really saying much because I like all cookies for breakfast ha!
I also love this recipe because it’s one my kids make for me in our new Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer. The biggest complaint they had making cookies was mixing them up, until we got this and we’ve used it so much since. I wasn’t sure how much I’d use a stand mixer but we really put it to the test this holiday season. I made TONS of whipped cream in it because it was so darn easy.
It’s easy to clean and has worked great for everything we’ve used it for! I’ve never had a stand mixer so don’t have anything to compare it to, but I love this one. It’s a great size and shape, looks great on my counter and makes mixing that much easier.
We also got our hands on a Hamilton Beach Hand Mixer and I was SO excited to be able to donate my older hand mixer (which also happened to be a Hamilton Beach). I don’t have a ton of storage space so when I saw how compact and convenient this one was I was hooked. It’s convenient snap-on storage case means I’ll never misplace my attachments again.
Back to the cookies. Here’s how to make these gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that don’t require any flour:
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used natural no sugar added you may want to adjust the sugar if your peanut butter contains sugar)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (or you can use coconut sugar but I'd increase to 1 cup, you can alternatively use ½ cup brown sugar with ¼ cup white sugar or ¾ cup white sugar with 2 TBSP of molasses)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (these make the cookies for me but you can leave them out if you want)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter, peanut butter and sugar(s) on low to medium speed until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix on medium until well combined.
- Add oats and baking soda and mix on low until everything is combined.
- Stir in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Place balls of dough (mine were about 2tbsp with a cookie scoop) onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes (or until golden brown) and let cool a bit before moving them to a wire rack.
Add in raisins or other dried fruit to make it more “breakfasty” or just eat as is. I wanted to leave some sugar options because we’ve tried them all and they all work well. I’d just increase the amount a bit if you’re using coconut sugar.
Do you want a chance to win a new Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer AND Hand Mixer?! I thought so. One lucky winner will receive both from Hamilton Beach! Enter via the widget below and good luck!