We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ScrubDots #CollectiveBias
We are moved in but far from settled! Still working on floors in the bedrooms BUT the kitchen floors and baseboards are done and we have appliances. We were so excited to start cooking meals at home again. This last Sunday we had a slower morning so the boys asked if I’d make this cheesy hashbrown breakfast casserole and luckily I had picked up everything I needed at Target when I realized that I had nothing to clean dishes with after the move!
We started using the Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponge or Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponges a few weeks ago and they are our new “go to” because they feature the Scrubbing Dots technology, which allow the sponges to rinse clean and make cleaning up kitchen messes a breeze which makes my life easier. Anything to make life easier these days is a win for me!
Make your life easier and grab some on your next Target run. You can even save $1.00 off any two Scrub Dots items with this coupon.
Back to the casserole. You can prep this one the night before and stick it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake or just make it in the morning if you have some time. It’s filling enough by itself or it makes a great brunch pot luck dish.
Swap out the sausage for ground beef and it’s perfect for dinner too! We call it hash brown casserole and you CAN make it with frozen hash browns if you have them (the kind that are formed into little patties) we’ve been making it with tater tots though so I guess we really could call it tater tot casserole as well.
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (just save some leftovers from another breakfast)
- 1 lb ground breakfast sausage (you can use the ones in the casings, just squeeze the sausage out)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 lb bag frozen tater tots
- sliced green onions for garnish
- Brown sausage.
- Drain and spread onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Add 2 cups of the cheese over cooked sausage.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and spiced.
- Once mixed, pour over the cheese and sausage in baking dish.
- Layer the top with the frozen tater tots. Try to keep them in an even layer, even removing some if they are stacking up too high. Cover and refrigerate if baking in the morning or just proceed to the next step.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Top with 1 cup cheese and bacon and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown/to your liking.
- Garnish with onions and allow to set a few minutes before serving.
The boys were so happy to have a brunch at home (never mind that we ate it on the couch).
I’ll admit that I didn’t even get to cleaning the dishes until later that night. Luckily I had picked up my sponges on a Target run a few days before!
I keep both the Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponge (perfect for pots, pans and heavy duty cookware) and the Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponge (to clean without scratching safely on all cookware). My boys always want the Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Dishwand on hand too. It’s their favorite to clean the dishes with because the soap can go right in the handle and still has the same Scrub Dot power!
I didn’t even need to pull out the Heavy Duty for this one. The baked on casserole came off clean and the sponge didn’t get all gunked up! Here’s to more cooking and mess making in the kitchen. Oh, and don’t miss more awesome blogger inspiration here!