We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Electrolux via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Electrolux.
I LOVE a good dinner party. Many of you know (because I brag about it often) that my husband is an amazing cook. A few years into our marriage we decided we were all happier when he did the cooking and I did the cleaning. As much as I don’t like to clean, I know when to admit defeat. We’ve had this arrangement for about 10 years now and it’s worked great! Especially when we have dinner parties. Since I do all the cleaning, I’ve had my eye on the Electrolux Stainless Steel Dishwasher with IQ-Touch™ Controls (EI24ID50QS). Gorgeous right?!
Having friends over for dinner is one of my favorite things to do. Fall is the perfect time to do it, especially in Phoenix because we can eat inside, outside, have a fire, or not. It’s gorgeous and the perfect time to spend with friends. Here are some tips for making dinner parties a bit easier on the setup and cleanup:
- Choose your wine/drinks ahead of time. I hate trying to choose the best drinks at the last minute. It always stresses me out. Clean wine glasses early too so you’re not doing the last minute wipe down!
- Find out about any food allergies/issues ahead of time and see if you can accommodate. If your guests want to bring their own food – let them! Since I have to eat gluten free I know that it can be intimidating for people who aren’t used to it to prepare food that way so sometimes it’s easier for them and me to bring my own!
- Make sure the dishes are all clean before cooking so that after dinner (or first couple courses) are done, you have room in the dishwasher. I love that the Electrolux Stainless Steel Dishwasher with IQ-Touch™ Controls (EI24ID50QS) has a 30-minute fast wash so when I leave my (not so fun) job until the last minute I can have professionally clean dishes quickly! Yes. Please.
- Having simple white dishes makes planning a place setting easy since they can be formal or casual and work for any season. They also work with any new or old white dishes or serving pieces so you can build up over time.
- I love creating fun, simple tablescapes or place settings even at the last minute. If I’m planning ahead I’ll have the dinner table set up before. Here are some of my favorite ways to make some place cards that you can work and set up a day or two before!
Write names on a leaf (real or fake) with a metallic marker.
Use fun initial ornaments or tags.
A small succulent with chalkboard label makes a fun take home gift, but is great for you if the guests can’t take them home!
Using small Fall symbols like pumpkins or pinecones make a great spot for simple name cards or just to decorate the setting.
An initial coffee mug makes a great looking place setting and a fun gift!
- Make sure you have plenty of ice! I’m always running last minute to get more ice.
- If you can, sneak away between courses or after dinner for a minute to run a load of dishes. If your party runs later and you need to have another course you’ll have clean dishes ready to go! Since we have an open floor plan, I don’t do this often now because the dishwasher can be pretty loud (ok, VERY loud). The Electrolux Stainless Steel Dishwasher with IQ-Touch™ Controls (EI24ID50QS) has Luxury-Quiet™ sound packages as low as 47 dBA and the dishwasher features Clean Light that alerts you when the dishes are clean! Another reason it’s on my list!
What are your favorite dinner party prep or clean up tips?
The new Electrolux dishwasher provides a professional level clean with its 30-minute wash and dry cycle. As the highest rated dishwasher on Reviewed.com (http://dishwashers.reviewed.com/content/electrolux-ei24id50qs-dishwasher-review ), it also features SatelliteSpray Arm technology which provides 400% more water coverage than a traditional dishwasher. Visit ElectroluxAppliances.com for more information on this and other stylish and functional options available from Electrolux.
Stay in touch with Electrolux on their Facebook page!