We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Mother’s Day is May 13th this year and if you live in or will be in the Phoenix area ( like Scottsdale, Chandler, Tempe, Mesa, Peoria, Glendale… you get the idea) I’ve got you covered with all kinds of ideas for Mom. Thanks to Alamo Drafthouse & Desert Botanical Garden for sponsoring this collection of ideas!
WHAT TO DO IN THE PHOENIX AREA FOR MOTHER’S DAY
- Go to the movies – a family movie is a Mother’s Day tradition for us. It’s something we all love to do! This Mother’s Day Alamo Drafthouse has you COVERED their Mother’s Day Gift Guide is a one-stop shop with a curated selection of ideas for every taste and budget, which includes their multi-course Mother’s Day Brunch Screenings, collectible poster and vinyl soundtracks from MONDO (these are awesome), Alamo Drafthouse Gift Cards (they’re offering 15% off every order of $75+ and if you’re a last minute shopper you can have it emailed) and more! I am in LOVE with their Mother’s Day Brunch Screenings check them out. Check out the location near you (not just in the Phoenix area – they’re also in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Austin and more). Be sure to watch my Instagram for a special Alamo Drafthouse giveaway VERY soon!
I love that they have a full menu along with great drinks. Plus, they are the only eat in theater I’ve found with such extensive (and awesome) gluten free options, Jared loves their local beer selection, & the boys love the shakes.
- Visit the Desert Botanical Garden – this is the perfect time to take Mom to the Desert Botanical gardens because Mom’s get in FREE on Mother’s Day & you can catch the Jun Kaneko Sculptures & Spring Butterfly Exhibit that are both closing on the 13th and Flowers & Form that closes on the 20th. Check out some pictures from my last visit below! It’s absolutely gorgeous this time of year & something everyone can enjoy.
- Get active – if Mom wants to do something active, do the dishes, clean the floors, do the laundry for her then get her out of the house. Some ideas of things to do TopGolf (or a full round of golf if that’s her thing), Go Hiking, take mom to Lake Pleasant to go down the world’s tallest floating waterslide, or paddle boarding in Tempe.
- Go to brunch – there are MANY Mother’s Day brunches happening around the Valley. Try the Westin, The Princess, the Hyatt Regency or even The Grove.
- Get out of town – take a day trip to Payson/Pine/Strawberry or Prescott.
- Visit a local attraction – If attractions are Mom’s thing, visit the OdySea aquarium, the Phoenix Art Museum, the Phoenix Zoo, the AZ Science Center to see the Pompeii Exhibition, or to the Queen Creek Olive Mill.
- Does Mom want a day to herself? Gift her a spa treatment, or let her relax by the pool, and then take her to dinner somewhere new. Try some of my favorites like Cibo, Fat Ox, the Canal Club, Joyride Taco House, or Farm & Craft.
- Tea – have you ever taken mom to tea? There are several places doing a Mother’s Day tea but my favorite is tea at the Phoenecian.
- Check out Visit Phoenix for a full list of Mother’s Day events!
So many things to do right?! Whatever you do, make sure to keep the house clean & Mom happy 😉 Happy Mother’s Day!