We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
I am an Arizona native (yes, there are some of us out there) and I have never stayed at the Sanctuary Resort on Camelback Mountain until last week. We partnered with them for an evening stay and we absolutely loved our stay. It’s such a gorgeous property that sort of molds around your travel needs seamlessly. Whether you’re getting away for a romantic staycation, having a girls weekend, embarking on a wellness retreat, or just want to soak up some Arizona sun, the Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort and Spa may be just what you’re looking for.
Why You Should Stay at Sanctuary Resort on Camelback Mountain
- To Relax – The resort is situated on Camelback Mountain and sort of hidden from the street. It’s quiet, absolutely gorgeous, and perfect for a relaxing break from life. Even if you’re traveling by yourself, this would be the perfect little retreat to get in lots of relaxation.
- The Rooms – We stayed in a King Mountain Suite and it was absolutely gorgeous. The resort has won awards for its architecture and I can see why. The style and feel of the rooms are just spot on. In addition to traditional rooms and suites, Sanctuary even has private villas that are breathtaking with some amazing amenities and features (like your own hot tub and pool).
- The Food – I have been wanting to eat at Elements for a while now. It features farm-fresh American Cuisine with Asian accents presented by Food Network star and Chef Beau MacMillan. I knew the food was going to be great but had no idea that it could be so romantic or that the service would be so amazing. The great part about staying on property is that you can take your time having a fantastic dining experience and not have to worry about getting a ride back home. We’ve already decided that we’ll be back for dinner or drinks/food in the Jade bar, especially when they have live entertainment.
- The Spa – The spa at the Sanctuary is a little sanctuary in itself. They offer so much more than traditional massages or facials including Asian inspired treatments and aquatic massage. The spa has won awards itself from Conde Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, Forbes Travel Guide and more. You really do need to experience it for yourself.
- The Pool(s) – The main infinity pool is a little slice of heaven in the desert. To make it even more unique and enjoyable it’s a no cell phone zone and is open only for ages 16 and up Friday – Sunday. They also have a lap pool and 2 other pools for families and other guests to enjoy.
- Location – Sanctuary is centrally located and the perfect stay for experiencing Scottsdale, Phoenix, or even quick little road trips out of town (like up to Sedona). There is so much to do around the resort but you may not want to leave for a day or so after you check in.
- The Views – All around the property you can find great views of Paradise Valley. I loved walking around and taking in the desert landscape as well as the mountain views. The Mountain Suite we stayed in had a great balcony to relax on and watch the sunset or sip a hot cup of coffee in the morning while overlooking the valley.
- Events – Sanctuary hosts some unique events that are definitely worth checking out. Even better if you can stay a night or two during an event. They have cigar dinners (Jared is SO excited to check one of these out), wine dinners, and even bigger the Nirvana Food and Wine Festival is coming up April 24-28.
- To Be Active – I was impressed with their daily activity list from free classes to things like paddleboard yoga in the pool for a small fee. It can be hard to stay active when you want to relax, but their variety of options is sure to have something that catches your interest. They also have tennis courts and there’s always hiking nearby.
- To Be Inspired – Whether you need to get away from work, or have to work on your getaway, Sanctuary is such an inspiring property. Being a creative, I love being inspired in different ways by my surroundings and Sanctuary did not disappoint.
This will not be our last time here. It definitely ranks very high on our list of favorite Arizona properties! Be sure to check out their packages if you’re looking at staying.
Memory Keeping Our Stay at Sanctuary Resort in a Traveler’s Notebook
Of course, we made some great memories that I had to get down in my travel notebook. Here are a couple of pages I made from our stay. I kept the little map that came with my room key that had our room number on it as well as a branded sticky note from the room as memorabilia to include in my notebook.