We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Have you thought about getting away with a friend for a night or 2 for the holidays? Taking a day or 2 off to get some fresh air in the gorgeous pines of Strawberry, AZ is such a great stress relief, will get you in the spirit for the season, and give you some quality time with a friend in the cutest setting. Wondering what to do on a getaway with a friend during the holiday in Strawberry? I’ve got you covered!
Strawberrry is one of my favorite little towns in AZ to spend with a good friend. Here’s another itinerary I made if you need even more ideas.
Things to Do on A Holiday Friends Getaway in Strawberry, Arizona
- Stay at the Strawberry Inn. They have added holiday touches all over the property and it’s the cutest, perfect little spot to spend a friend’s trip! If you want to spend most of your time out doing things, stay at one of the cute hotel rooms or one of their Airstreams for a glamping trip. If you want to stay in a little more, I recommend a tiny cottage. You really can’t go wrong with the Strawberry Inn though because it will give you ALL the holiday feels right now.
- Check out the local restaurants! Old County Inn is always a MUST when I’m in the area. Randall House is the perfect choice for breakfast or brunch. Pie Bar is the latest popular spot and right across the street from the main Inn.
- Shop around for the perfect local gifts and holiday events! Strawberry has some great local shops and some of them are holiday events. You can see some favorites on The Strawbery Inn blog here.
- Go wine tasting and explore the Verde Valley Wine Trail. This area is about an hour away so plan accordingly. I love to plan stops on the way in or out!
- Visit Tonto Natural Bridge State Park. Going with a friend means you can do as much or as little of the State Park as you want. We loved browsing the gift shop and spent our time talking, walking, and just taking in the sights.
- Take your time driving in, out, or take a day trip. We started early on our way to Strawberry so we decided to take a detour to Sedona for the afternoon. If driving from Phoenix you could stop in Prescott, Sedona, or Camp Verde. There are so many things you could do and see during the day.
- Stay in! If you want to do a little more relaxing you could stay in and read, watch Christmas movies, get a little work done, do a puzzle, play a game, make some Christmas crafts, bring a craft kit to learn a new craft, wrap presents, make gift tags, shop online, or do anything you’ve been waiting for time alone to do. Don’t forget your Christmas jammies!
- The Strawberry Inn’s Premium King Cottages, the Premium Airstream Suite, and the Cabins all have hot tubs. Grab a favorite drink and watch the sunset while you catch up and chat over bubbles with a good friend.
- Grab a coffee or tea at Windmill Coffee and then play some lawn games at The Strawberry Inn. Take a walk to (or back to) the Lower Park for more games or just to get a gorgeous walk-in.
- Hike around the Arizona Trail for as long or as little as you wish.
- Do whatever you want! Isn’t the best part of a true vacation getting to do whatever it is you feel like in the moment?
Usually, the best part of a friend’s getaway is just all the conversations that come up. Having a little getaway around the holidays lets you have the perfect little rejuvenation we all need during the crazy but fun season.