This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
When was the last time you got away with a friend? Even just for a night? It had definitely been a while for me. To be honest it doesn’t happen often at all for me. My friend Summer and I have been having the “we need to get together” conversation back and forth so when The Strawberry Inn emailed and asked if I wanted to visit with a girlfriend and if they could sponsor a giveaway on my Instagram feed, I jumped at the chance! After a few back and forth on dates we found a weekend that we were both free and put it in pen on the calendar.
If you missed my last post about The Strawberry Inn is a little boutique hotel that has been renovated into a perfect Rim Country getaway. The rooms are all unique and uniquely comfortable. You can choose which room you’d like to stay in when booking (at great prices). It is run much like a vacation rental, with all reservations and check-ins via online and email. You’ll get a code when you arrive and check in to access your key!
My favorite thing about the Strawberry Inn is the location. It’s a few hours from Phoenix near Payson, AZ and such a great location for getting away from the city. But a close second reason is the feel of the rooms. They are so cosy and gorgeous. The perfect setting for a girls weekend! I am also completely in love with all the charming details.
RIM COUNTRY AZ GIRLS WEEKEND
Looking to plan a girls getaway? Here’s what we did and it ended up being such a great itinerary for getting away and catching up!
- Saturday morning
- Grab some coffee and hit the road
- Stop in Payson for shopping, visiting the Farmer’s Market or even just for brunch or lunch at Mogollon Moose. They have great iced tea and the Bimbimbap bowl is one of my favorite breakfasts!
- Saturday afternoon
- Arrive in the Pine/Strawberry area and grab some treats at Pine Creek Fudge for later.
- Visit the Pine Creek Canyon lavender farm for a fun class or just to smell the lavender and pick up some lip balm or lavender salt (so good).
- Check in to the Strawberry Inn and take all the photos! You can even add on a super cute (and comfortable) sweatshirt.
- Saturday evening
- Go out for dinner at the Old County Inn. This trip we actually decided to have some drinks and appetizers there and take our pizza back to eat in our pjs. They have GREAT food and have the Taproom right next door with live music on the weekends!
- Bring some wine and you’re good to go for lots of laughs, movies, games whatever you want to do for the evening. This was my favorite part of the weekend! Matching PJs optional.
- Sunday morning
- Sleep in until it’s time to check out
- Grab some breakfast (the Randall House is a fun one for a girls trip)
- Go on a hike and enjoy the fresh pine air before you head back to town.
WHAT TO BRING ON YOUR GIRLS’ TRIP
- Wine/special drinks
- Glasses for your wine
- Snacks (there is a mini fridge in the rooms for snacks you want to keep cold)
- Slippers – if you’re like me and a big baby with the cold, you’ll want slippers to walk around on that tile floor in the winter!
- Shoes & layers for hiking! It’s so gorgeous you’ll want to get out and see the area even for a little bit.
Want to visit The Strawberry Inn for your own girls getaway? Keep an eye on my Instagram feed!