We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
One of the things I want to really focus on doing more of this year is self care. Having an auto-immune disorder means I have to be more aware of how my body is handling stress and finding (healthy) ways to cope with it. Even if you don’t have something like an auto-immune disorder giving you constant signs that you’re under stress you might struggle with mental or physical health in other ways. No matter what taking care of yourself is super important and I know I don’t do it even close to as well as I should.
As a mom I love taking care of everyone else. I always have. This year though, I’m going to learn to take better care of myself. Putting on my oxygen mask first and all that. 😉 Hobbies, exercise, vacation… all those things are awesome but what if you don’t have time (or make time)?
Here are a couple cute check lists to help you remember to make time for self care every day. Just a few minutes to read, drive to the store by yourself listening to your favorite song or getting in that workout – they’re all important to your overall health and deserve a check list too!
I made a general one and a weekly one if you like to plan ahead.
Need some self care ideas to do each day? How about:
- Mediation (lots of apps for this) prayer or quiet time
- Read a book for fun
- Go for a walk
- Photo walk
- Dance party
- Remove negative/annoying accounts from social media
- Walk in the grass barefoot
- Plan/enact a small act of kidness
- Create your own coffee break
- Cuddle with your pet
- Go to the library/bookstore
- Do your nails
- Sit by a body of water (find a pond or stream near you)
- Make some spa water
- Mindful Breathing (or just a moment to take big deep breaths)
- Say “no”
- Brain dump (just write out everything swirling around in your brain)
- Pin/save some inspirational quotes
- De-clutter a small area in your home or office
- Write down 10 things you’re thankful for
- Wake up early to have alone time
- Make a face mask
- Look through photo albums
- Take a lunch break. Don’t work through, don’t run errands – sit and eat lunch