We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Giving a personalized gift lets the recipient know that you thought about them beyond the gift. It also helps them think of you whenever they use it! We have several outdoorsmen in our family and sometimes they can be hard to buy gifts for. I have some ideas for you to think about and wanted to show how you could personalize some of those ideas using the Cricut Explore Air 2!
Gift Ideas You Can Personalize for Outdoorsmen
Here are some ideas of gifts you can get the outdoorsman in your life. It will definitely depend on what they have already, but there are a lot of items that they could definitely use more of, and you can make them even more special by personalizing them!
- Waterproof box – these are awesome for phones, keys, wallets, etc. when on the water or even out camping. It keeps everything in one place and safe from the elements. I’m showing you how to personalize one below!
- Quick Dry Towel – always super useful and by personalizing this they’ll always know which one is theirs.
- Travel Notebook or Fishing/Hunting log – take a leather travel notebook cover and personalize it with a drawing from the Cricut Explore Air 2 on the outside and their name on the inside.
- A firestarter – you can add a tag to personalize it or add a bit of Cricut Vinyl to the handle.
- Water Purifying straw and/or case – EVERYONE should have one of these! We use this system but this is a popular one too.
- A Good Multitool – a bit of personalization on the case would be a nice touch.
- A Nice Packable Throw Blanket
- Travel Espresso Maker
- Survival Kit
- Stainless Coozie or Tumbler for Camp
- A Cricut Explore Air 2 so they can create their own projects!
Personalized Waterproof Box, Travel Notebook Cover, & Towel for Outdoorsmen
I LOVE using my Cricut Explore Air 2 for quick personalizing projects. Any of these can be personalized quickly with the Air 2 as it can cut (or draw on) a wide variety of materials, has a fast mode, and you can design on the go with the Cricut software & then cut as soon as you get home! Plus it’s a more budget-friendly machine that can do a TON of projects especially with personalizing!
Here’s what you’ll need to make a personalized waterproof box, travel notebook (or fishing/hunting log) cover, & towel:
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- StrongGrip Machine Mat
- Vinyl in your choice of color/pattern
- Rustic Lodge Lumberjack Patterned Iron-On
- Cricut EasyPress 2
- EasyPress Mat
- Essential Tool Set to help with cutting & weeding
- Gifts you want to personalize
To make the notebook cover, I used a purchased cover that I took the elastic out of. Here’s the file that I used in Cricut Design Space. The Explore Air 2 really does all the work, you just want to make sure to use the StrongGrip mat & add tape around the outside to keep the cover in place. When you’re setting up the project to draw, turn the dial on your Explore Air 2 to custom and then select the type of leather you’re cutting on. It will have you move the star wheels all the way to the right so it doesn’t make impressions on your leather.
For the Waterproof box, it’s just a simple cut on vinyl! I added the vinyl to the inside of the box so it wouldn’t get beat up too much on the outside. Here’s the Cricut Design Space file for that one. I left the initials as text so you can edit them yourself. To cut, select both the text and fish layer and then select “slice” at the bottom. Delete all the layers you don’t need and you’re left with a fish who has initials cut out!
The towel is just a simple cut file as well so the patterned iron-on totally makes this one! Make sure your material is compatible with the iron-on material you choose. After cutting and weeding, iron-on to the towel using the Cricut EasyPress 2, mat, and heat settings found here. You’ll want to pick your own letter depending on your needs. Just search the images in Cricut for the letter you’re looking for. I searched “J” and came up with this one!
That’s it! Simple, quick little personalization projects that are perfect to gift the outdoor/adventure lover in your life.
Hi, love these ideas. Do the Cricut pens wash off the leather or are the permanent? thanks
The pens are permanent after they dry so just make sure not to touch them right away, other than that I haven’t had an issue! I haven’t really “washed” the leather but it has been touched/put away/used. I hope that helped!