We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ChooseSmart #CollectiveBiasJump to Recipe
Tri-tip is often an overlooked cut of meat but we love the ease and flavor we get with this marinade! Ideally, you’d let this marinate overnight for the best results but at least give it a couple of hours. This recipe is naturally gluten-free and great for camping!
Marinated Tri-Tip Recipe
Marinated Tri-Tip RecipeCourse: Main
2-3 lbs Tri-tip
1 tbsp Oregano
1 tbsp Rosemary
1 tsp Stone Ground Mustard
1 tsp Raw honey
1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
dash Red pepper flakes
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cloves Garlic Minced
- Finely chop the oregano and rosemary (you can use dried as well) and place in a medium bowl.
- Add mustard, honey, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes (if using), salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
- Pour marinade into a large freezer bag or sealed container and allow to sit overnight or at least for a few hours.
- Place on pre-heated grill (on high) for a few minutes until seared.
- Turn over until the other side is seared.
- Reduce heat to Medium-High and cook until internal temp reaches 145F turning once or twice.
- Allow to sit for a few minutes before cutting.
- Definitely let the recipe marinade for as long as possible.
- You can prep the marinade ahead of time and freeze in a plastic bag with the tri-tip until you’re ready to cook. Allow the stead to thaw in the refrigerator before grilling.
We also threw some peppers and onions (drizzled with olive oil and salt and pepper) in a foil wrap onto the grill to go with the steak.
I love the leftovers with eggs in the morning!