This site contains affiliate links. Please see policies for more information.
We leave for Walt Disney World and our very first Disney Cruise in LESS than 2 WEEKS! I am SO excited for this trip and have some fun content for you that I plan to capture while I’m gone including how I scrapbook/keep memories while on a trip! Before any trip though is the preparation phase. I prep by figuring out how I want to keep the memories for each trip. For this one I’m going to keep it simple and go with a traveler’s notebook. I’m also making an adorable mini Disney vacation journal to compliment the traveler’s notebook that I hope the family will add to throughout the trip. These would make really great Fish Extender gifts if you’re going on a Disney cruise as well!
These are so simple to make, especially once you’ve made one or two so you could definitely repeat the process for family or fish extender gifts. Just sit down do them all at once and you’re good to go! To make these Disney inspired travel or mini journal notebooks you’ll need:
- scrapbook paper
- printer paper
- long reach stapler
- paper trimmer
- small utility knife
- self healing mat (to protect work surfaces)
- bone folder
- metal ruler
- my free printable
How to make a mini Disney vacation journal notebook:
- Cut your desired scrapbook paper to 7″ wide by 5″ tall. *Tip: pay attention to the backside of your scrapbook paper to see if there’s a cute design that will be included on the inside, make note to watch that it’s right side up when you’re doing final book assembly.
- Fold the paper in half and crease with the bone folder for a smooth finish.
- Cut out the printable papers (don’t worry about the width for now).
- Cut out extra sheets of paper at 5″ tall (again don’t worry about the width) I used 3 extra per notebook.
- Arrange the papers in order of how you want them in the book. The title page should be facing you, while the “favorites” pages should be face down.
- Fold the stack of inside papers in half using the bone folder.
- Place the inside papers inside your cover and staple twice using your long reach stapler. *Tip: line the TOP of your notebook up so that any extra height comes out the bottom.
- Using a metal ruler as your guide trim the sides and bottom of the papers to make a perfectly smooth notebook edge. *Note: if you trimmed your inside pages to size they’d be ok but would be slightly off, by leaving them long and trimming at the end, you’re ensuring a nice smooth, even edge.
The printable pages have favorite: things to see, things to eat and rides.
I will actually be using mine inside a traveler’s notebook! Learn how to make your own traveler’s notebooks (very similar to these mini journals) in this post. I’m clipping it to the back page for now.
Let me know if you’d like to see a video of the process, I know some people love to visualize it that way. I’ll be sharing lots more from this album soon!