We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Mother’s Day is coming up on May 8, 2022. Whether you just get her something off of her Amazon wish list, sending some flowers, or a text, don’t forget to tell Mom “Happy Mother’s Day” on Sunday. If you live in the Phoenix area – here are some ideas of things you can do on Mother’s Day this year if you’re looking for some inspiration.
Things to do in Phoenix for Mother’s Day
- Go out to brunch or order brunch takeout. Going out to brunch is always a Mother’s Day classic but ordering take-out is a new favorite of ours to avoid the crowds! Whether you take it to a spot in the desert to sit and eat or pick it up before she wakes up to surprise her at home, brunch is ALWAYS a good idea. Check Mom’s favorite restaurant to see if they have any specials or just pick her up her local “go-to”.
- Go to the movies or even the drive-in. Something a little different for the laid-back mom! The drive-in is the perfect spot to celebrate as a family before it gets too hot!
- Go on a hike. Find a valley hike that you haven’t done before and go exploring together. Some spots are easier/less busy to do during the week but if all you have open is the weekend – give it a shot!
- Go to the lake. I love hiking around Lake Pleasant but we keep that for the weekdays since so many people go on the weekends. They’ve adjusted their hours and usually end up closing for entries even earlier than their planned times on the weekend so definitely check into wherever you’re going beforehand or make a plan to go on a less busy day. Boat rentals are open as well. Other valley lakes have different rules and closures/openings so be sure to research before heading out.
- Brunch Cruise on the Lake! If you want something more traditional this Mother’s Day with an outdoor twist have brunch on the lake. You can do this at Lake Pleasant or if she’s not a morning person try a wine cruise on Saguaro Lake.
View this post on Instagram
- Go for a family bike ride. Early mornings or right around sunset are great times.
- Give Mom an at-home spa day and a plan for a future (professional) spa day.
- Drive to see a landmark, State Park, National Park or even painted murals you’ve never seen before.
- Drive through Out of Africa Wildlife Park.
- Walk through Historic Vulture City in Wickenburg or Goldfield Ghost Town.
- Make a themed dinner to a place she wants to travel to. Turn on music, put up decorations, and prepare food from that destination. My kids did this for Hawaii one year and it was SO much fun!
Whatever you decide to do, just don’t leave a bunch of dishes and laundry for her to do the next day 😉 We don’t usually plan too much on Mother’s Day since everywhere tends to get busy on a normal year so we’ll be celebrating at home this year and doing something fun together on another day. Happy Mother’s Day!