We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Looking for some unique date night experiences or Valentine’s Day ideas in the Phoenix or Scottsdale area? I’m all about a great experience over a gift. We don’t necessarily “do” Valentine’s Day at our house but we do love a good date night idea. So whether or not you’re looking for Valentine’s Day specific ideas, here’s a list of 10 ideas to get you thinking about what you could give or do together as the gift of experience in Phoenix, AZ.
10 Unique Experience Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day or Date Night in Phoenix
- Drive around a racetrack in a Lamborghini or Ferrari – YES you can do this and it’s SO cool. Xtreme Xperience travels to 30+ different racetracks around the country. They’ll be in Phoenix this weekend and then back again in November but check out their site to see their dates, pricing, and packages.
- Luxury Staycation – thinking about a little night away? Check out offers from local properties to surprise your Valentine with. Sync up those calendars and plan a night away. My local pick this year is Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort & Spa‘s Romance in Paradise package which includes
- Your choice of a Mountain Casita, Mountain Suite, Spa Casita or Spa Suite with plush robes and a goose-down feather bed
- One dinner for two at elements
- Chocolate-covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne, plus a rose-petal turndown for your night of romance
- Dinner Experience – don’t just do dinner, have dinner and an experience in one. Have you ever searched for unique dining experiences in your town? Here in Peoria, AZ you can take a dinner cruise on Lake Pleasant. Or grab some tickets to a Cloth & Flame dinner. They create an amazingly unique experience with community dinners in unique locations giving farm to table a new meaning.
- Hot air balloon ride – if you’ve never had this experience it’s SUCH a fun one. And here in Phoenix, February is such a perfect time to go. Check out Float Balloon Tours. After your flight, they treat you to a full breakfast (or dinner!) featuring sparkling wine from their favorite local vineyard and a rotating menu curated by Arizona’s most talented chefs, organic local farms, and coffee roasters.
View this post on Instagram
- Kayak and Wine Tour on the Verde River – you can mix a little adventure into your Valentine’s Day with Kayaking AND wine tasting at a vineyard even in Arizona. Check out Sedona Adventure Tours for more.
- Check out the desert after dark at Electric Desert a unique light and sound exhibit at the Desert Botanical Gardens.
- Get together with a few other couple friends and plan a dinner party. Hire a personal chef to do all the shopping, cooking, and cleaning up & you get a unique experience without having to even leave your home.
- Take a little joyride around Scottsdale. Joyrides AZ offers some unique casual tours of the area and even has an Instagram wall tour!
- Have fun with each other at TopGolf, Modern Round, Bad Axe, or Skylanes (you can get bottle service at this boutique bowling alley).
- Try a new bar/lounge (or several) – check out UnderTow, Bitter & Twisted, or The Perch for some unique options.
There is so much more to do in Phoenix, but this list should definitely get you thinking!