Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Whole Foods Market Tempe but has nothing to do with my love for their tamales.
Who loves vinyl records? I'm not cool enough to have a big stash but my 11 year old is completely in to them and I love it. He even likes to search for records he might like at thrift stores now and then!
Well, my love for Whole Foods Market and his love of vinyl records are colliding and Whole Foods Market Tempe is celebrating this Saturday with a live band and fun deals!
Local Phoenix band Ruca is playing and while I don't know a ton about the local music scene (I'm trying to get better about that) I DO know that I like Ruca and would love to see them live!
Here are specific details:
Location: Whole Foods Market Tempe: 5120 S. Rural Rd, Tempe, Arizona 85282
Date/Time: Saturday, March 8, 2014 from 4-7pm
Whole Foods Market has partnered with local record label River Jones Music to highlight great local and regional bands. Band: Ruca from Phoenix, AZ will be performing live. Proceeds benefit the Whole Planet Foundation
- All Arizona Cheese Company Cheese Curds will be 20% off
- Local Arizona beer growler refills - $4 off of large growlers
- Local Arizona Mariya Salsa on sale – by one get one free $3.99 each *sampling taking place at event
- CD’s from local Arizona bands (13 bands) - 20% off
- Select local suppliers will be doing demos throughout the store
- Empanadas and tamales in prepared foods
- Create your own custom guacamole
- Whoopie pies decorated like vinyl records
So get down there, listen to some awesome music and chow down on tamales and local beer. But if you do - eat an extra tamale for me!
I'm making a mental note to check out some Coltrane, Cash and Elvis for Parker ;)