We are big soup fans in our house and we can be pretty picky. We've tried lots of "ok" soup recipes but this one is one of our favorites! Adapted from And Love it Too to meet our cooking style, this is a "go to" in our house for a fairly easy but definitely delicious Fall/Winter meal.
- 1 lb chopped uncured sugar free bacon
- 2 lbs sausage (sugar free, hot italian or savory seasoning)
- 1 large diced onion
- 4 good sized minced garlic cloves
- 2 peeled and chopped sweet potatoes or yams
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 can coconut milk or cream
- 1 - 2 bunches stems removed and chopped kale
Let me know if you try it and what you think! If you have kids that don't like spicy foods try a milder sausage. Most of the "kick" will come from whatever sausage you go with.