We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
One of my goals for this site is to share more favorites, things to do, businesses etc. right here in my own state of Arizona, so what better place to start than the city I’ve spent most of my life a citizen of – Peoria, Arizona. Peoria is a popular spot for Spring Training visitors as well as water lovers since it is home to Lake Pleasant. The city has grown SO MUCH since I’ve lived here (which was when Arrowhead mall was still an orange grove) and I love what it has become and what it is becoming. I love supporting local businesses so I thought I’d put together a list of some restaurants you can try that are unique to Peoria! You won’t find these anywhere else in the state.
Unique Restaurants or Coffee Shops to Try in Peoria, Arizona
- Fabio on Fire – One of our favorites! Chef Fabio Ceschetti specializes in authentic southern Italian cuisine and makes some incredible pasta dishes. If you’re craving GOOD Italian food go to Fabio on Fire! They also have an excellent gluten-free pizza if you have to eat gluten-free.
- Peoria Artisan Brewery and Gastropub – Specializing in from-scratch craft beers and bites, be sure to check out their Sunday Brunch that includes hand-crafted mimosas, beermosas, and Bloody Marys!
- Haymaker – Known for his signature BBQ sauce, owner Joey Lucidi has been cooking up his signature burgers and sauce for years. Using locally sourced ingredients, Haymaker also serves up a mean omelet. They also feature a gluten-free menu for those that need it! (They have a location now in Goodyear as well)
- Lakeside Bar & Grill – A fun neighborhood gathering space and restaurant that has weekly events! They have great specials during the week (kids eat free on Tuesdays), an all-you-can-eat fish fry on Fridays, and they even have a dog-friendly menu (adorable). You can inquire with your server about gluten-friendly offerings if that’s needed.
- Twisted Italian – The owners are transplants from Chicago’s Western Suburbs. As a result, you will notice some Chicago influence on the menu and in the restaurant. Their specialties are the Italian Beef, King Cut Lasagna, and pierogis. They can substitute gluten-free pasta in some of their dishes to accommodate if needed.
- Java Grounds – The boys and I have spent many afternoons at this not-for-profit shop! It is owned an operated by Heart for the City. They have yummy quick breakfast options, lunch, coffee drinks, and my favorite, several options of China Mist Iced teas.
Central Peoria near 83rd Ave and Bell Rd
- Arrowhead Grill– Steaks, seafood, and cocktails – if you want a great dinner or are looking for a nice meal out, you can’t go wrong with Arrowhead Grill. They easily accommodate gluten-free needs but if you’re not gluten-free I’ve heard that you shouldn’t miss trying the AG Butter Cake. This is an easy choice for date night or a birthday dinner!
- Revolu – A family “regular” spot for us – we love Revolu. Having grown up eating his grandmother’s tacos in Tijuana, Chef Jeremiah Gracia infuses authentic Mexican street fare with an upscale twist. For a deliciously unique experience, try the “Piggy in a Poncho” taco (my boys’ favorites). They have $2 Taco Tuesday specials and great happy hour deals as well. Try my favorite appetizer the hot chicharrones with fresh lime squeezed on top dipped in salsa. Their menu also designates gluten friendly menu items!
- Headquarters AZ – Headquarters is an upbeat bar and grill located right across from the Arrowhead Harkins theaters. They have a large drink menu (including beer towers and fishbowls) and even have some great gluten-free options if needed. Headquarters serves everything you’d expect from a grill as well as fresh sushi!
- The Social on 83rd – From the same owners as the Haymaker, this is the newest restaurant in the area as of January 2019. They are open for lunch and dinner. They serve a variety of dishes and have a happy hour from 3-6pm weekdays.
- Union Coffee Co. – With beans roasted right in Peoria, you can’t get more local than this! It’s a cute spot with friendly staff and great coffee OR tea. My favorite here is the Cortado.
South/Old Town Peoria Arizona
- Lucidi Distilling Co. – located in Peoria’s original firehouse in the Historic District, Lucidi’s has an eclectic tasting room to sample its handcrafted vodkas, gins, whiskeys agave spirits and more. They serve food as well as great drinks and have such a great atmosphere. I LOVE that this area is getting some love so be sure to check this one out. They also offer tours – check their site for more info.
- Driftwood Coffee Co – in the same historic area as Lucidi’s, Driftwood is a great spot to grab a great cup of coffee (or unique coffee drink) a cactus shaped macaron, and relax with friends or get some work done.
- Winery 101 – This family owned and operated tasting room in Peoria offers wines coming right from their vineyard in Cottonwood. Check out their “Weekend Wine Down” to experience being served by the owners themselves, their family members or lead server, Reuben. They also have a tasting room in Cottonwood so you CAN visit another location in AZ, but we are lucky to have them down here in Peoria as well!
Do you have a favorite or one I missed? Let me know in the comments below so I can update this list!