We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
If you’ve been following my Instagram feed you know I fell in love with San Francisco.
We stayed at Hotel Zephyr (we got a small media discount for an article I was working on but not compensated to post) and it was the perfect choice for this trip. We wanted to get as much in as possible in very little time (we were up for a wedding in Napa). The Hotel Zephyr is within (easy) walking distance to Fisherman’s Wharf, Pier 39 and lots of awesome attractions. Plus you can hop on a cable car or grab an Uber to get anywhere else.
The rooms were small (as are most in the area) but they do have upgrades or adjoining rooms if you’re willing to pay. With the boys getting older we are starting to get to that point where I’m going to seriously consider adjoining rooms for longer stays.
I thought I’d let the photos do some of the talking and then give you a little list of what we liked (and didn’t like).
What we loved:
- activities (the game room, yard and games in your room were all great)
- view (not all rooms have a view but you can book through their site, post on Facebook and possibly get an upgrade or you can ask for a city or bay view when you book)
- mini fridge in room – despite the size the room still had a mini fridge which we appreciate
- the yard was our favorite part of the property
What we didn’t love:
- Cost to park – you definitely don’t need a car here and I’d skip it if you are flying in, but if you’re driving like us expect to pay a good fee to park no matter where you stay.
- Small standard rooms – as I mentioned it’s par for the course for the area but it was still tough getting all of us ready for the wedding in the room. Besides that one morning I didn’t really notice.
- Big touring groups – sometimes it was quiet and others a big youth touring group would be in the game room which made it impossible to play in. This isn’t the properties fault but maybe worth noting since I’m betting it happens often in this area.
Hotels in the area aren’t cheap since most of the year is busy with tourists for San Francisco. If you’re interested in staying at a property just follow them on social media for deals!