We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Sedona is definitely a top travel spot in Arizona and for good reason. The gorgeous red rocks that pop up in the middle of seemingly nothing, a beautiful creek, canyons, hiking, great food and cooler temps than Phoenix all in about a 2 hour drive from the Valley. Whether you’ve been a dozen times or are thinking about planning your first trip, I highly recommend staying a night or two to truly experience the area. While a day trip is totally doable (and I’ve done it MANY times), you can get so much more out of a night or two including some much needed relaxation. I had been wanting to check out the Amara Resort & Spa (for years now actually) for exactly this reason so I was elated when they agreed to sponsor a night’s stay for the purposes of my very important research.
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Sedona, AZ that can give you amazing food, relaxation AND location then this is it. The Amara Resort & Spa is such a great choice for all of these and more. I’ve pulled together MY top 10 reasons to stay at the Amara Resort & Spa in Sedona, AZ if you needed any more than this view right here.
Top 10 Reasons to Stay at the Amara Resort & Spa in Sedona, AZ
- Location, location, location – I mean, first of all that pool view! How’s that for location?! In addition, the resort is perfectly located just above Oak Creek (with a pathway to walk down and explore the creek) and a simple walk up the hill to great shopping and activities, not to mention all the fantastic hiking and outdoor adventures in the area.
- The Pool – I LOVE their outdoor and pool area. The infinity pool is always heated along with the hot tub and great little spots to take in the sounds of Sedona.
- The Food – inside the Amara Resort is SaltRock Southwest Kitchen. They have a seasonal approach of California cuisine with traditional Southwest fare and local Verde Valley ingredients. I can attest that the food is fantastic and the drinks maybe even better. You do NOT want to miss a meal and a drink when you’re staying here. We had the guacamole kit and grilled octopus to start
the braised osso bucco and pan seared diver scallops for a main dish
and even though I initially wanted one of their amazing selections of Mezcals, I went with a margarita (or two) – the West Fork and the Sun Devil – both were probably some of the best margaritas I’ve ever had (and I am pick-y about my mixed drinks). Excellent flavor complexity and combinations.
And YES they do offer gluten free options and were great with knowing the menu. I’m only sad that we were too full to try the chocolate chili cake. I WILL be back for that.
- Happy Hour – one of my favorite parts about staying at a Kimpton property (yes, the Amara is a Kimpton property) is the hosted evening social hours in the “living room” you can sit and chat with other guests (or if you’re me, the guests’ pets because dogs are welcome too) or grab a glass and chat out on the perfect patio. They also have a coffee bar set up in the morning (make sure to check the hours when you arrive).
- Transportation – not only do they have complimentary transportation for a 1-mile radius (there’s lots to do within one mile) but they also offer mountain bikes to guests to get out and explore!
- Pets – I love that Kimptons have pet friendly accomodations and the Amara is no different. They are a great spot to stay if you’re traveling with your dogs since there is so much to do in Sedona that is pet friendly.
- Relaxation – the rooms are all beautiful and a great way to unwind at the end of the day, but if you want to increase the relaxation, grab a Spa Guest room with a jetted tub to end your night perfectly.
- The Spa – You have access to some of the spa amenities (like the steam room) as a guest but you won’t want to miss booking a service to finish off your perfect Sedona getaway.
- You Can Stay Active – In addition to the many hiking trails in the area, you can catch a yoga class in the Spa, workout in the fully loaded on-site fitness center, or turn on the tv and use the yoga mat in your room to get in your movement for the day.
- Service – the staff is all wonderful and very helpful. If you don’t have much planned out, simply ask at the front desk. They are a wealth of information on the area, hikes, things to do etc.
Let me know if you have any questions on the property or the area. Who’s ready to book a Sedona vacation?!