We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
If there’s one “national something” day I can get behind this year it’s National Kick Butt Day on October 11, 2021! Whether it’s business-related, health-related, or just finally checking off that one thing on your to-do list that you keep moving to tomorrow, National Kick Butt Day can be a day to have fun, celebrate being a butt-kicker, and get some things done.
Things to do on National Kick Butt Day
Starting with health/fitness related items you can:
- Get some new shoes. My biggest struggle in clothing always has been shoes. I’ve seen ads for Hylete come up for me before. I was lucky enough to have them send me a pair of the Women’s Circuit II Cross Training shoes and I cannot believe how much I love them. You can actually change out the insoles to match your activity so I can use them to lift and then switch them out for HIIT workouts, & switch them out again to walk the dogs. They have the toe splay room that I require in athletic shoes and that are HARD to find. They are just SO good. I’ve only had them a week but I think I like them more than what I’m currently using and that’s honestly hard to do. I’ll be looking at getting a pair for Jared too because I think he’ll love them.
- Buy a cute new workout or athleisure outfit (to inspire you to work out or just get out and move). I have slowly gotten into the crop trend and I love the movement it allows, plus how stinking CUTE is this cropped hoodie from Hylete. They have incredible leggings (wearing the Tempo Tight here), sports bras (they have some super supportive ones if you’ve been looking) and more. Check out their site if you haven’t yet, such quality pieces truly made to work hard.
- Try a new type of workout. I’ve been loving weight lifting lately but I’m going to try out a new class or workout type- any recommendations?
- Swap your evening glass of wine for a cup of tea or sparkling water.
- Start a new workout goal for the rest of the year – I always recommend walking, it’s such a great workout for everyone!
Work-related things to do on National Kick Butt Day:
- Do something that scares you – a live video, telling someone an idea you’ve been stewing on, make a TikTok…
- Try time blocking.
- Check off that thing you keep moving over on your to-do list each day.
- Brag about your business on social media. Tell everyone why you’re awesome, what you’ve been up to and send out some support for your friends.
- Pitch yourself to a company you’ve wanted to partner with.
Self Care related things to do on National Kick Butt Day:
- Wake up and don’t grab your phone first thing in the morning.
- Do at least 1 thing that relaxes you.
- Clean 1 item in your home (I know I feel better after I do this).
- Start a book you’ve been meaning to get to.
- Text a friend and tell them why you love them.
- Go for a walk and listen to music.
- Dance party!
- Use a face mask, give yourself a mani/pedi, or anything to take care of you!
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you take it as an opportunity to kick some butt!