We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
It’s pumpkin season and I stocked up on my favorite gluten free pumpkin pancake mix from Trader Joe’s. I wondered if we could make something other than pancakes with them and came up with this super easy cookie recipe using the pancake mix! Since I made these yesterday and as I’m typing this all 24 are gone, I’d say it was a success (just ask my brother in law).
With just 5 ingredients this recipe is not only delicious it’s super easy too. Using the Trader Joe’s mix I got a great flavor and texture. Let me know if you try this with another pancake mix and how it turns out!
- 1 stick of butter softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of your choice of sugar
- 1½ cups pumpkin pancake mix
- dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Mix butter and sugar together.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Stir in pancake mix in batches until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Place by rounded tablespoons full onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes until done.
- Allow to cool completely.
I used coconut sugar for these but use whatever sugar you have on hand! You could probably add a bit more sugar if you wanted an even sweeter cookie but I really liked the balance of this one.