Can I just vent for a minute? Yesterday was a DAY. You know those days. The days where NOTHING can go right? Obviously living in a construction zone makes everything feel a bit more dramatic (did I mention on here that we moved and are re-doing the floors, baseboards, paint and kitchen?).
We were hoping to get keys and get started sooner but that didn’t happen so we went all in and just accepted that we’d be living in a bit of chaos for a while. I’m just glad the cleanup from the tile thinset is done. That was a HUGE mess.
So we moved in, I still don’t know where my heat protectant is to style my hair, none of us have most of our belongings and I have a week’s worth of laundry piled up. Here’s what happened yesterday:
- discovered our saw can’t cut the width of the 4.25″ baseboards I ordered so we had to order a new one on Amazon
- mail STILL didn’t get delivered except for one random piece that I don’t care about, have to go to the post office
- stove, microwave & dishwasher getting delivered except now the dishwasher is on backorder
- can’t hand wash dishes unless we have a plumber come out because we don’t have a two way valve and we’d flood the house if we turned the hot water on for the sink
- got notified that the fridge won’t be delivered now until next week (using one in the garage for now)
- didn’t have a power cord for the stove so have to go buy one
- went to post office and they couldn’t find my mail and said I had to call tomorrow to talk to the supervisor for my zip code
- went to the old house to pull up the trash cans and my car battery died
- discovered that the boys took out the jumper cables with boxes while moving
- called AAA and they are an hour out
- arrange for my mother in law to take Colton to an audition because I’m not sure I’ll be back in time
- AAA comes, don’t get to run the rest of the errands because we’re taking Colton
- didn’t get more done on the floors because of all of the above and was planning on getting the washer & dryer hooked up today
- took Parker to buy clothes instead of staying up late doing laundry at my in laws (who thankfully live on the next street over)
- had a HECK of a time installing the microwave
- new stove drawer is missing a part – add calling GE to the list of things to do
And to think, every single one of these things is a third world problem for sure. I truly do have SO much to be grateful for. I try to never take that for granted.
If you read through all of that, you deserve an award! I just needed to get it out. It was a crazy day and by the end all we could do was just laugh. Here’s to a better day, more good updates on the house and clean laundry!