This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PeopleRewardsClub #CollectiveBias
I think it’s just as important for moms to take time outs as it is for the kids sometimes. At least in this house it has been! I know when I’m getting stressed, start yelling a lot or can’t sit still/concentrate on work that I need a little “mom time out”. I’ve been working on self care this year and I realize that this has always been a great way for me to regroup, adjust my attitude or just relax a little bit in the middle of a crazy week.
One of the easiest things to do on a mom time out is go to a quiet corner and read a magazine. BUT my #1 rule is that it can’t feel related to work. I love a magazine that adds inspiration to my job, but for a mom time out it has to be just for fun. PEOPLE® Magazine is often my airplane read or mom time out pick. It’s always fun, relevant and helps me keep up to date for relevant non-kid or non-work conversation (definitely a bonus). I think PEOPLE® is that for a lot of people because it always strikes up a conversation with the customers behind me in line when I pick up a copy in line at the store!
PEOPLE® Magazine Rewards Club
PEOPLE® just launched an awesome rewards club for those that love to grab a copy on their weekly Target run.
It’s super simple and you get rewarded with a voucher for a PEOPLE® magazine or a FREE Pandora Plus 1 Month Subscription (music is also one of my mom time out options).
Here’s how it works:
- Purchase 3 PEOPLE® Magazines
- Take a picture of each receipt
- Visit peoplerewardsclub.com
- Upload your receipts
- Upon receipt confirmation, you will be mailed a voucher for a FREE PEOPLE® Magazine, or emailed a FREE Pandora Plus 1 Month Subscription
Then you can go pick up your copy to have on hand when you need your next time out!
With every validated purchase of your PEOPLE® magazine (i.e. with every receipt you upload), you’ll earn a sweeps entry for a chance to win style-inspired prizes including:
- 1 Grand Prize all-expenses-paid trip for two to New York City!
- Includes 4-night stay for 2 people and a $1,000 shopping spree!
- 3 runner-up prizes include: 1st place $300 gift card, 2nd place $250 gift card, and 3rd place $150 gift card
10 Simple Things to Do on a Mom Time Out
One of the things I do when I take a mom time out is keep a notebook on hand in case I think about something that needs to be done or come up with an idea that will keep me from enjoying my time. Getting it out of your head and on paper is just a great way to clear your mind and fully enjoy the few minutes to yourself.
- Read a magazine (that’s not in any way related to work)
- Meditate – I’ve been trying this with an app on my phone
- Take a nap
- Learn a new craft/skill
- Work on an ongoing project, or start a new one
- Sit outside and listen to music (or just hide in your closet I won’t judge)
- Make yourself a nice cup of coffee/tea/fancy drink and then sit to enjoy it properly
- Organize snd print photos or look through old photo albums
- Take a walk or a hike
- Give yourself a manicure, pedicure or apply a face mask. Like a super mini spa day.
What do you do on your time outs? Anyone else read PEOPLE® also?!